Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sew Liberated Cape

I wasn't sure if I really needed to get a pattern for capes for the girls costumes, but I decided to go ahead and buy the Sew Liberated kids book.  I'm so glad I did. Jane's cape turned out fantastic.  I love the hood so much, and I don't think I would ever have come up with the pointy shape of it on my own.  It's reversible to a fuzzy black, and the shiny stars fabric is awesome.  I'm actually going to have to get more and make Penny's out of that, I bought fabric before I bought the pattern, and I just don't have quite enough for Penny's to make it quite right.  I also hacked up an old black dress of mine, and it's working pretty well as Jane's witch dress.  Successful trip to K'zoo, chance to hang out with Mom a bit before she leaves, and Mike got some work stuff done and helped Dad get some wood cut.

No comments: