Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Happy Three!


Kind of hard to believe I have a three year old and a six year old!  No more babies around here... Nice day, few errands, lots of outdoor fun.  Dollar store visit for a couple of balloons turned into blingy plastic birthday crowns. And earrings. Oh, the horror.  But they're so happy and fantastic in their craptastic jewels...I yield.  I also release the mommy guilt in not having a big bash and not making any gifts...or even making a birthday cake this year.  She's smiling, I'm not stressed, and Mike's managed to get the electrical wired to the gazebo (which will allow the hole by the house to be filled and hopefully not flood the basement corner again!)  

Homeschooling warm fuzzy today...as we walked around Meijers and Jane did addition problems on my grocery list pad.  With joy (like I've just given you chocolate kind of joy).  And excitement over figuring something out and 'knowing' the answer.  And then she drew a clown with a wart on his nose...cause that's how she rolls.

No comments: