Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday

We spent the night at mom's house and Mike got up at 2 a.m. to head to Best Buy to get in line for the laptop we wanted. But when he got there it was tent city! So he hung out til they passed out their 'tickets' and finally realized that they ran out of laptop ones, so he headed over to Office Depot. I got up at 4 a.m. and came into town with Dad. He ran into Sears and then we went over to Target....HUGE line, we thought once they opened at 6 we would just file in (not realizing that the line went past the entire stripmall and around the building! ) We finally got in line and were inside around 6:15 a.m. I was convinced that I had missed out on the t.v. we wanted, but they had a whole pallet full. Then I lucked out and got into the line at electronics...so I was out of there probably at least an hour earlier than if i was in the line wrapping around the store. But...I forgot to charge my cell--so I ended up using a pay phone (yes, they still exist!) to call Mike (who was in line for the laptop). We ran to a few more stores and had breakfast--we were done by like 9:30 a.m. Good day of shopping.

No comments: