Thursday, November 20, 2008

Flu Shots, wee.

Well, Jane and I went in for our flu shots today. It's kind of cute watching her act shy...we've known the receptionist since she was a baby, but she was actually hiding behind me today. Just so out of her normal behavior at home. Anyway, I got my shot while she watched intently and then she had to lay down to get hers in her leg. I kind of held her arms and the nurse gave her the shot. She says "OUCH" and gives a tiny whine and then is fine. What a big girl. I wasn't sure how it was going to go, she hasn't had a shot in a really long time. Then, when we were at the grocery store later, she's complaining that she didn't get one in her arm. (I had originally told her that it would probably be in my arm, forgetting that they tend to do shots in the thigh for little ones.) I asked her if she wanted to go back for another one in her arm. Yes. What a weirdo! :)

Busy weekend planned, gingerbread house building tomorrow at the library and then Jane is spending the night at Gram D's. Then Gram Sandee and Gramp Mike are coming up on Saturday to take her to a little concert here in the village. Should be interesting to see how that goes. We're staying home and hopefully finishing up painting in the kitchen.

No comments: