Nice weekend. And it's the middle of the week all of a sudden! Jane's had a rough couple of days with some serious meltdown knock down drag out tantrums. Today we managed to get through without anything crazy. Whew. Tires everyone out.
I snuck in after Mike put her to bed tonight to get some cuddles; she thought that was kind of funny (me coming in and asking for cuddles). She was jabbering on and on. I got to try to NOT explain incest and homosexuality...sweet.
* She starts by asking when Sam and Maggie will be getting married (her second (?) cousins).
-I say, they won't be, they're brother and sister!
* Well, why not??
- Because we just don't do that, we find NEW people to start a NEW family with. It would be like me marrying Uncle Baird or Daddy marrying Aunt Jenny--very very weird.
* Well, when I grow up, I'm going to have my kids get married.
-To each other?
* You know what would be funny Mommy?
* What if two Daddies were married--like if Daddy and Uncle Baird were married---oooh and if you and Aunt Jenny were married--wouldn't that be SILLY?!!
- Yes honey, veeerrrrrry silly. (biting my toungue b/c my first response is to go all teachery on her and start explaining that sometimes that happens, just in case she has some kid in school with gay parents (yeah, in livingston county, it could happen, right?), but no...back away, back away...she's not going there...leave it alone...leave it alone.)
It's Super Splendid
7 months ago